1. When to go?
Summer is a good time to cruise on Halong Bay but the best time of year is during the spring or fall. Because the bay is situated in the northern part of the country, it can get colder in the fall and winter, and though you won't see extremes such as blizzards, it's still a lousy place to be when it gets cold.
Tip: You should bring a swim suit with you, night's swim in the phosphorescent water is also very nice (must be before your drinks)
2. What to do?
- Jungle trekking in the National Park of Catba Island: It sounds quite an innocent and safe activity, but it is NOT and in fact can be quite dangerous. The guides usually offer two treks, an easier one lasting a few hours and a second more difficult one lasting at least 6 hours and far more demanding than the former. If you are not experienced, go for the first. If you do not have a reasonable level of fitness, don’t go at all. Make sure you wear comfortable shoes with a good grip on the ground and clothing that does not leave any skin exposed. If possible, have a first aid box with you.
- Discover Bay with kayaking full day: Soaking your body for our kayaking. The guide will show you the most beautiful parts of the bay through a maze of islets amidst dramatic natural scenery to explore stalactite caves such as Drum cave, Man's head islet, Turtle islet and Fairman's cave before heading to Van Gia fishing village for BBQ lunch and relaxation. You will have a chance to understand more about fishermen's daily life in the bay.
- Shopping in Halong: Halong shopping is characterized by the Vietnamese local market tradition with more offerings of souvenirs than usually found elsewhere. Traditional souvenir items to buy in Halong are lacquer plated chopsticks, ceramic tea sets, the ubiquitous conical hats (non la) that Vietnamese womenfolk wear, silk fabric, silk artifacts and crafts, or the traditional Vietnamese long dress, known locally as the 'Ao dai'.
- Overnight in the bay and enjoy romantic scenery: experience Halong Bay with the deluxe wooden junk. The junks offer double cabin for a couple who want to seek for a romantic trip to the beautiful and quiet Bay. 3. Where to go?
We will embark on the boat for a cruise amongst the islands and islets of this stunning Halong bay. We will visit ONE cave on our 1 or 2 day trip, however, if you wish to visit more than one cave, we have to plan this well prior to departure so that our captain know where to go and please be informed an extra fee for each additional cave you plan to see.
Note: If the weather turns bad, we all have to follow the captain’s instruction, cave visit or extra cruise can be canceled without prior notice.
4. How become a South Pacific Partner?
You can fill a simple form become a partner and our representative will contact you within two business days. If you wish to learn more about becoming our partner and discuss partnership opportunities please contact our representative at or by e-mail us
5. Do we have to bring passport for sleeping aboard?
Yes you do have to bring it with you on boat and please provide us your full names, gender, passport number, visa expire date before your departure to Halong Bay.
Tip: Each boat/junk has it own safety box, please do leave your valuable belongings in this safety box so that you can have more fun visiting cave, swimming…
6. What kind of food on boat in Halong Bay?
Most of the meals offered with seafood as Halong Bay specialty is seafood; there is lots of sea dishes combined with traditional Vietnamese food, I’m sure you will like the food on boat, if you are allergic with seafood, please inform your meal preference to our tour operator before your departure to Halong Bay.
7. Do we discount for children?
Free of charge for child below the age of 4 years old traveling with parents, and for child form 4 to 9 years to old sharing cabin with two adult is charged at 70% based on adult rates.
8. How to pay?